Shhhhhhh. I’m picturing myself walking across a very long stage in the most amazing outfit with the most amazing shoes, on my way to accept the ”Beautiful Blogger” award. It’s a fabulous moment and I have a silly smile on my face.
Actually, in reality, Narcissista.Me. nominated me for this award and I am so grateful. Who doesn’t love to be recognized for doing something that is so fun and rewarding? Every day I eagerly watch my stats and am thrilled to see the Following, Twitter, Bloglovin, and Twitter stats rise. To be honest, I’d continue to do this if no one was reading…it’s just fun and is so unlike the serious stuff I deal with in my career.
Thank you so much to Narcissista.Me for nominating me. I’ve been following her for a while and I always look forward to seeing what she’s posted on her site. You should check it out here.
I hadn’t heard of this award before but it appears that the rules are as follows:
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Tell 7 things about yourself.
Nominate other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So here are 7 things about me:
- I have over 100 pairs of shoes and I track them in a three-ring binder. In my closet, each pair of shoes is in its own numbered box. They have an associated picture and the number in the binder. Each day I flip through the binder to find the perfect pair for my outfit and select the box with the associated number. It’s an awesome system that several of my friends have since adopted. Is it anal? You bet, but when you have over 100 pairs of shoes, you need some type of system; otherwise, you’ll only wear the shoes that you see, which would be sad when you have that many.
- I love animals and can never see myself without at least one. All my animals will always be rescues and once they are in my home, they are there until the day they leave this earth.
- I’m a hopeless romantic. I love champagne, flowers, poetry, and all things that make the heart beat a little faster.
- I love games. Right now I am so into PS/3–specifically Resident Evil 5, The Mercenaries, and have
wastedspent countless hours playing it with my husband. I also love board games and penny slot machines.
- This year I’ll be turning 50! Yikes, did I say that out loud? It’s hard for me to imagine it as I see myself as a kid, see point 4.
- I have no children (if you don’t count my pets). In university, I worked part-time as a social worker and ran therapy groups for children and adults with children; however, I’ve never felt that maternal instinct tugging at me. I knew from the age of 14 that I would never have kids. People told me I’d change my mind–I never did. I still feel complete and I know the decision was the right one for me.
- I left home when I was 16 and had a very difficult time in my teenage years. I put myself through university and worked very hard to achieve the success that I have now. No one handed me anything in life and I went through a time in my life when I was very poor. I have money now and I’m not ashamed to buy stuff that I like and can afford. I’m not attached to it, it doesn’t define me, I just enjoy it.
And now…to nominate blogs that I personally enjoy and look forward to reading every day. They’ve pretty much replaced the magazines I used to buy:
- Rick Holliday is a photographer who writes about the places he travels. The pictures are so beautiful that they take my breath away.
- Canadian Hiking Photography is another blog that posts amazing pictures of the travels that the author takes. Being Canadian by birth, I’m very proud to say that he is from Canada.
- The Playground is a touching blog written about the author’s friend, Katy, who has passed away. The author, Cara, writes a daily post inspired by the diary of the young woman who passed away. I stumbled onto this blog and have become addicted to it. The writing is poignant and thought-provoking. Note: Be prepared to put aside a couple of hours to start from the first post and catch up. [update: 5/15/2013] Cara is no longer updating this blog.
- Crazy Style Love is a fashion blog authored by Jenny in Toronto, Canada. Each day she captures her outfit with the result being beautiful clear bold pictures. I recently stumbled upon it
- Wendy’s Lookbook is an addiction for me and many others. Wendy shares her styled outfits in beautiful locations and she’s so tiny and cheerful that you can’t help but love her grace and style.
Phew! I think I’ve fulfilled all the obligations except for notifying my nominees. This award reminds me a bit of the chain letters we used to receive in emails, but with much more fun…and I wasn’t afraid I’d have bad luck if I didn’t respond.
Once again, thank you. I humbly nod my head and walk off the stage…